Friday, February 24, 2017

Sunday:  This is what I did with my Sunday the last week of August in 91-degree weather. I got up early (5:30 AM) and boarded a bus full of men and women to represent Gays Against Guns and to take part in a Coalition March and Rally in front the NRA headquarters in a public act of gun violence and gun killings. We met up of with people from over 40 groups led by the National Action League and the Federation of Teachers, Randi Weinstein, who use to be the head ofTeachers Union in NY, and now heads the National Ofice 




Yes, I was campaigning. I was role modeling an engage politician who acts rather than remains silent on things he believes in. And not afraid to do it publicly. 

I must tell you  I choose to be a silent "Human Being" experience for me. Trigger Ferguson, an erotic performace artist and peoples ' dancer  had conceptualized the image of a shrouded, silent figure covered with a white vail moving silently in a group 


I carried the sign bearing the name (Jesse Childress) of an active duty soldier 29 years old killed when he he threw himself over the body of a woman soldier in the movie theater n aurora when the mass killer with an assault weapon in his hands attacked . I am still grieving over what happened in Orlando .many of you know I had very successful clubs with the best DJ's for dancing spinning.in the 80's My clubs were alway gay at their core but always open to people who just wanted to have fun and dance and maybe make out ..we were all sexual orientations and gender expressions .. so PULSE I still have not recovered from the deep assault on who we are by a person who should never have been allowed to by a gun I do not want to hear of one more death by gun violence committed by a person who would never have had a gun in their hands..including bad cops. I am grateful to my children who organized Gays Against Guns and to Tigger Ferguson for conceptualizing the "Human Beings" shrouded figures all in white and silent bearing witness to a person killed by a gun that is marketed for profit and sells a masculinity that is brutal even when deranged





yes you can help me by voting on September 13 

No comments:

Post a Comment