Saturday, September 23, 2017

I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN YOU PETER HUJAR or your PICTURES

I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN YOU PETER HUJAR or your PICTURES


Many years ago Peter Hujar was my lover ... he is just now coming into public honor with a traveling MAJOR MUSEUM show organized by the Morgan Museum more than twenty years after his death from AIDS I remember asking him in the earliest days of after the STONEWALL REBELLION .if he would take a photo for a campaign the COME OUT cell of Gay Liberation Front . The COME OUT cell wanted to do a recruitment poster in a day when all most all lesbian and gay men were closeted and hidden in bars and secret cruising areas across the world. He agreed, For or a month we announced at the GLF weekly general meeting that anyone who wanted to be in this photo to come to a street in what is now known as SOHO. (sad that one person in the photo who disappeared for almost 20 years emerged and because of his lifestyle at the time could not remember where it took place published a confabulation and personal fantasy of where it took place. He was wrong,. As the person who organized the shoot with Peter, you would have thought he would have asked ... he did not!) Now that that has been said >|: NOTE why is it all white people despite the four people of color who showed up and at the last moment were afraid of going public about being gay and lesbian (The James Baldwin dual oppression dilemma). History must be told truthfully and not as a fantasy to be politically correct.
Peter died of AIDs in 1989


let me share a few photos I love of Peters... and as life would have it ..whe we broke up and feelings were raw I took almost every photo he had taken . of me. Now I wish I had
not ,,,,

Peter as he was when I lived with him. Handsome . One of Warhol's 10 most beautiful men fi

A very young John Kelly dancer 


Charles Ludlam making up for Camille


Lola Pat Camille *Theater of Rediculous 1973


I remember Paul Morrisey whispering in Candy's ear . "taks more hormones Candy and you will be more beautiful. Dead fro cancer she was still beautiful. There is a lesson for today herre.

From his first book 1964
Ethyl Eichelberger in costume 

Ethyl Eichelberger out of costume
 Ethyl in a pose




John and Gary

Iggy Pop 1969 

Iggy Pop 1977


John Ashbury

Diana Vreeland 1975

Tomata du Plenty who once saved my life in Seattle 
Add caption
Add caption

A young Fran 
Jackie Curtis 1970





Greer had sexual reassignment surgery at 15. Greer was not intersex,  His mother's request. Greer never fully recovered from it ..his art in many ways tells that story.

a young John Kelly

my favorite couple  Jo;hn and Gary 









George Harris /Hibiscus and Angel Jack

















No comments:

Post a Comment