Thursday, April 12, 2018

Penny Arcade's Bitch! Dyke! Faghag! Whore! "Why D'Ya Do It" Marianne Faithfull at Penny Arcade's Bitch! Dyke! Fagha...




As part of the East Village History project concentrating on PS122's rich history and community involvement in the artist's  world in resident in the East Village for over 30 years,, the new state-of-the-art Performance Space on the site of the old PS122  is bringing back 


Penny Arcade's Bitch! Dyke! Faghag! Whore!

5 performances only, May 11-19. Penny Arcade in her indelible performance piece is back where she originally hatched it before Penny toured the world with it. Can't wait and I suspect it will become as relevant today .. and perhaps, even more, give the dark days of religious censorship of what many of us think is pleasure ..As I said, I CAN'T WAIT. I suggest you book now as this will, trust me, will sell out and not be held over. This clip is from when Penny moved the show to the Village Gate,  One-night Marriane Faithful showed up with Mark Ribot and David Mansfield asked if she could join the show that night. 

Penny's is recasting this revival .. and who knows who will show up. I remember seeing it at PS122 with legendary actress and former consort of Mr.Robert Zimmerman, Sylvia Miles.

I suggest strongly you reserve now, THIS WILL BE A SELL OUT rumor has it she is dedicating each night to a politician who is a religious nut and hates people like you and me:  https://performancespacenewyork.org/shows/bitch-dyke-faghag-whore/





No comments:

Post a Comment