Tuesday, May 2, 2017

MY FIRST TIME : here ia a band that I heard at Jeff Weiss celebration for Richard Martinez at La MaMA ..here is a video Anna/Kate "NOLA (Has My Heart)" - NPR Tiny Desk Contest

Last night was the first time I heard these two voices melt together. It was at Jeff Weiss's celebration for his partner of 57 years. as he complete's his Bardo journey  La MaMA's Nicky Paraiso asked three younger artists to perform to show Jeff and all of us elders what we had seeded and how Dan Fishback has been maturing the new crop. I had neve heard Anna/Kate before although they have traveled the world .. was sooooo grateful to have heard them in this La MaAMA Jeff Weiss gathering. I don't know about you, but I never forget my first time with anyone who gifts me pleasure ... thank you, Anna/Kate .. I look forward to seeing them with their full band







and here is a recent video of the whole band used to raise funds fo their first album


No comments:

Post a Comment