Wednesday, July 19, 2017

SF GLBT Society - Janis Joplin's lover

Finally, we can say it out loud... MEET JANIS JOPLIN"S LESBIAN LOVER!   I tried to talk about JJ shappic life and how different she was around women . with writers who were doing books about Janis but no one seemed to believe me. Met Jamis the first year we had both had moved to SF .. I was living at the Bachelors' Quarters at the corner of Broadway and Upper Grant and she was performing/working at a coffee shop two blocks up on Upper Grant,, we became fast friends. No one was famous yet! I  remember seeing THAT performance at Monterey and then I was hired by Clive Daivs and he signed Big Brother,  We became fast friends again. She called me from the street in front of the motel the day she died.


No comments:

Post a Comment