Monday, February 8, 2016

Mabel Mercer, Me and the Kindness of Strangers watch 1978 TV, Wait Till You're 65, The Times of Your Life

When I was a young actor in the early 60's I had a job as a Page at  the world's most famous restaurant THE FOUR SEASONS. A Page took people to their table and delivered upon request telephones ( a big deal then) to the table or cigars etc. One night as an older gentlemen was leaving  he squeezed a note into my hand as he left. It contained a $100 dollar bill and a handwritten note: A car will be waiting  to pick you up when you leave work . I hope you will get in and join me at the Oak Room in the Plaza and meet and listen to my friend Mabel Mercer . I did and fell in love with this divine singer who was a master of interpretation of lyric. You will have to wait to learn more of  about that night in my memoir



No comments:

Post a Comment