Saturday, July 9, 2016

BIG BIG BIG QUESTION : I am thinking of opposing Deborah Glick and need your feedback

BIG BIG BIG QUESTION : I am thinking of opposing Deborah Glick is the upcoming race for New York State Assembly now that Arthur Z. Schwartz has pulled out because of health and harassment issues . Glick has been in office for 26 years, At first she made history by being the first lesbian in NY to be elected to State office . Our district is progressive but she has in the last three terms proven to be not interested in community issues .. She should have retired after doing nothing and saying nothing about the closure of a hospital in order to build luxury condos or her silence on the building of a frack gas pipeline right in her district ,,,and those are just some of the critical actions she did or did not do Although I am a lifelong Democrat I will run as an independent if I step in ..I will not run on an identity politics platform , but on local political issues and against Glick's actual record I am inspire by the hope the Sanders campaign has given me that Yes we can make change if we step up. ... please let me know privately if you think this is a good idea.. and if you do will you help petition and spread the word please .

Here is what Arthur Z. Schwartz wrote about why he had been running and why he now must withdraw

No comments:

Post a Comment