Wednesday, March 15, 2017

OY any one ever fact check today? RUTH POLSKY and Me in Clubland,


FAKE NEWS hit Club Land one more time; this time in the NY POST 

It just happened again in an article on Ruth Polsky that appeared n the New York Post on Feb 17th The writer was lazy. The author failed to mention my relationship and mentoring of Ruth Polsky. I had hired and trained her at Hurrah.  I hired her because she was smart,  the same music taste and I wanted to mentor a woman in jobs in the music industry usually held by men. Whenever I left a club, on good or bad terms, Ruth was brought in to replace me. When I was forced out of Hurrah by the "owners because  I refused to lower what I was paying artists, they hired  Ruth to take my place.  When I left,  I took my Rolodex and all the booking information I had done for the next six months. I finally let Ruth have it because the bands were the ones to suffer .. within six months I opened Danceteria,,, 5 months after Danceteria was opened Hurrah closed for the final time We remained friends through all of the club dramas. Whenever she was offered a job to replace me she called and we talked and I always supported her taking the job. She was good, very good. She also needed the money. 


And let's be frank, she loved to mother these bands .. in every way possible. She had a unique way to both be a professional and take care of business AND be a total fan.

 SHe loved her bands and they loved her back. Thinking of Ruth makes me think of Certain Generals 


Ruth would often call me and ask about this or that band and how to find them etc. We remained friends .. I was one of the few people who actually showed up at her burial service ...






No comments:

Post a Comment