Saturday, May 16, 2015

Bear with a heart is live in NYC this weekend Doug Strahm... go listen....trust me it's a safe space

Although I don't identify as a "bear", I am going to see Doug Strahm tonight ....I really like his songs .. a Nashville taught Americana on the edge of Country singer he does not look or sound like what most people think of as a "gay singer": ....but he is his own kind of out, Southern dad, white, older gay, bear singer .and that makes me happy .. and his songs are as full of hope and dare i say it "love" He is his own kind of bear "diva" .. 


Doug Strahm represents anotherportion of the gender expression that in its totality allows each of us to find where we fit on that arc of gender expression... and I for one welcome all expressions of gender that lodestone humanity and self-acceptance.... trust me this bear moshpit tonight will have more than a few gender illusionists in the crowd. And you know what we need is as much heart in butch to be expressed in order to break the chains of acceptable masculine behavior .. and I see Doug Strahm on the cultural frontlines of role modeling for little boys and bigger men that yes you can be who you are and love who you want and still have compassion and sensitivity and humanity without fear . This is how I see the bear community at its core.... and yeah, I like his songs .... 


he is in town for two shows this weekend






No comments:

Post a Comment