Friday, August 14, 2015

Schumer’s Warmongering: A Personal Reflection on the NY Senator's Opposition to Obama's Nuclear Deal | Alternet

Please read this intelligent and personal article by my friend Danny Goldberg.. he is one of the smartest people I know, And yes I did work for him 15 years ago. I learned a long time ago to follow the leadership of progressive Jewish friends and leaders on any discussion involving Israel and its government. In 1967 I was a part of a group that put on a forum in Glide Memorial Church in San Francisco's entitled 'Two Jews discuss Zionism" One was a secular Jew the writer Robert Scheer and the other a charismatic pro -zionism young Rabbi. I was taught my role was to act as support person when needed. This has not meant I didn't have strong feelings on the Palestinian occupation, the Israeli Prime Minister interference in US politics by speaking at the invitation of Republican leaders to Congress in defiance of the President on the boyco of manufactured goods from Israel (sodastream , etc)I do have a problem with so aspects of the cultural boycott. Eg., I did join the demo in front of Schumer's office protesting his announced plan to not support Obama's Iran Nuclear agreement , Israel . Despite his two stepping it was clear to me and others when push comes to shove he prefers war over diplomacy. Please read and pass on to any of your Jewish friends sitting on the ledge ... I did ... and also to your non-Jewish friends that are undecided

Schumer’s Warmongering: A Personal Reflection on the NY Senator's Opposition to Obama's Nuclear Deal | Alternet

No comments:

Post a Comment