Sunday, July 12, 2015

WHERE I STAND on the revealed rape of Runaway Jackie Fox 40 years ago by Kim Fowley +statements from Joan Jett and Cherie Currie

ciience and medical research have definitively proven tha humans respond in difverent ways to truma, I have been raped, More thatn once . One time in front of a group of people who responded to my cries for help wiht cheers. This post is not about me. But I say this to let Fox know I too know about ho silence seems to be the baes reation wuntil the repression of feeling explodes unexpectedly.
I asked that the other people in the room make public statements on Fox's reverlations and their role , if any , in the events.
I will not act as judge and jury ...and Foul-ly (Fowley) is dead
I beleive Fox.
Period.
I wasn't there,
Here are the statements made in the last 24 hours by Joan Jett and Cherrie Curry, Fox's band mates reputed to have been in the room I found them on Evelyn McDonnell blog. I know, respect and trust Mcdonnel's insights . She wrote the book on the Runaways that came out a couple of years ago.Queens of Noise.
Joan and Cherie’s Statements, Plus Comments
McDonnell: Ah, to be in the midst of an internet storm — and have no internet! Shortly after my last post, Joan Jett released her own statement, on Facebook:
Joan Jett:
“Anyone who truly knows me understands that if I was aware of a friend or bandmate being violated, I would not stand by while it happened.” Jett, who still performs with the Blackhearts, wrote on Facebook. “For a group of young teenagers thrust into ’70s rock stardom there were relationships that were bizarre, but I was not aware of this incident. Obviously Jackie’s story is extremely upsetting and although we haven’t spoken in decades, I wish her peace and healing.”
Cherie Currie has also spoken:
I have been accused of a crime. Of looking into the dead yet pleading eyes of a girl, unable to move while she was brutally raped and doing nothing. I have never been one to deny my mistakes in life and I wouldn’t start now. If I were guilty, I would admit it. There are so many excuses I could make being only one month into my sixteenth year at the time that people would understand but I am innocent. When I return from Sweden I will seek a qualified polygraph examiner to put to rest any and all allegations. I will make public the questions, answers and results of that test. I am a proud person but for this, I may need to open a Fund Me account since I do not know how much this will cost. I am not a rich person but a carver. I wouldn’t ask for funding for my new album because I am proud. I will prove I am telling the truth. I will not allow anyone to throw me under the bus and accuse me of such a foul act. I will fight for myself. It is the only thing I can do and I’m glad to do it.”
I also want to clarify two things:
1. This is not about Jason Cherkis and myself.
2. I am not attacking Jackie or her story.
Finally, I know that all of this is very hard for the many of us for whom it triggers our own difficult memories. I hope we can all keep this in mind and make this a humane, human conversation.
----------------
Let me close by saying  thank you to Holler Out, Riot Girls and all trhe anti rape and anti-sexual violence groups and activist that are working on making this world safer for women of all ages  from becoming victiuns of sexual violence Much Work remains worldwide to fight sexual violence and sexual trafficking. Do go see Amy Berg's excellent documentary about the sexual exploitation of teenage boys in current hollywood .. it is called AN OPEN SECRET  and is playing now at Cinema Village in NYC. I have also included two other documentaries abour rape ..one in the mulitary  and 2 on college campuses 

an open secret trailer


Q&A after NYC DOC screening with Thom Powers and  dir Amy Berg 



the invisible war trailer



the Hunting Ground Trailer 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment